The Križevci Association of Persons with Disabilities was founded on March 5, 1999, and registered on March 23, 1999, as a legal, non-governmental and non-profit organization.
Creation of a system in which people with disabilities, as subjects with equal conditions and opportunities, will be treated in such a way that both in work and social care, their needs are respected and their dignity is respected.
Active participation in social welfare and the gathering of persons with disabilities for the purpose of promoting and protecting common health, social, humanitarian and other interests, as well as fulfilling the full and equal enjoyment of all human rights and preserving the dignity of persons with disabilities.
a) Promotion and realization of common humanitarian, health, educational, cultural, social, informational, sports, recreational and other interests of its members.
b) Actively participates in ensuring the complete integration of persons with disabilities and children with developmental disabilities – by achieving integration in important areas of life through equal participation: political, public and cultural life; the process of upbringing and education; employment, healthcare, rehabilitation; social protection; legal protection and protection from violence; in research and development and in other areas of life.
c) Complete social integration of persons with disabilities and children with developmental disabilities, which enables such persons to live independently.
d) Encouraging the social community to create material and financial prerequisites for the work and activities of the association for persons with disabilities and children with developmental disabilities based on economic principles and according to the results achieved.
e) Actively participates in the provision of various forms of social assistance, and gives instructions and recommendations when solving the problems of its members;
f) Collects and disseminates information about living conditions and initiates comprehensive research on all aspects of the non-adapted environment that directly affects the quality of life of persons with disabilities;
g) Actively participates in proposing new laws and regulations on persons with disabilities, proposes amendments to legal and other regulations in favor of persons with disabilities, assists members in realizing all rights: moral, human, material-financial, family and legal;
h) Cooperates with related associations in order to exchange experiences, plan joint activities and organize gatherings and meetings of members.
a) Twenty-seven people are employed, namely:
– Two persons with disabilities: a hearing-impaired female working as an administrative secretary and a male working as an administrative clerk. Five people for personal assistant jobs who help in personal assistance to people with the most severe degree of physical impairment. Three disabled people and a driver in a mobile team that help people with severe disabilities – help and care at home. Ten teaching assistants who help children with disabilities overcome socio-psychological obstacles and teaching content. One person works as a project manager, and five people work on public works.
We have two vans in our fleet with which we transport people with disabilities and children with developmental disabilities to doctor’s appointments, rehabilitation, sports competitions, gatherings, etc.
• We organize creative workshops where members of the Association paint objects made of glass, ceramics, styrofoam, wood and plastic using the napkin technique (decoupage), as well as graphics tied with gold and silver thread.
• We advocate volunteer work, and we always welcome volunteers, especially young ones.
• Every year on the holiday of St. Marko Križevčanin On September 7, we are organizing a traditional meeting of people with disabilities from all over the Republic of Croatia.
We implement programs and projects:
• “Mobility of people with disabilities”
• “Meetings of people with disabilities”
• “Creative workshops”
• “Personal assistant”
• “A mobile team to help and care at home for people with severe disabilities”
• “institutional support; Pilot – program of systematic support for associations of persons with disabilities”
• “Info kiosk”
• EU project “Integration of children with difficulties from Križevci and its surroundings into the regular education system”
i) We conduct training on the UN Convention on the Rights and Dignity of Persons with Disabilities, and its application at the local level;
j) We organize workshops, forums and round tables on the topic of independent living, employment, education, accessibility, prevention and better health;
k) We provide assistance to members regarding:
• obtaining supplementary health insurance,
• faster going to rehabilitation, treatment, examinations,
• realizing the right to orthopedic and other aids,
• assistance with education and employment,
• privilege for telephone, television, tolls, HAK membership, etc.
• writing various submissions (complaints, objections, requests, requests, etc.)
l) Visiting immobile members at home, members in pensioners’ homes, or foster families;
lj) We hold regular meetings in the premises of the Association once a week for older members and young people with disabilities;
m) We participate in county and national sports competitions for persons with disabilities;
n) We regularly update the website (http://www.uik.hr) with all the Association’s activities, familiarization with legal regulations and providing important information to people with disabilities in order to improve their quality of life, as well as providing information to other users of our website in with the goal of sensitizing the public about the protection and realization of the rights of persons with disabilities;
ADMINISTRATIVE BOARD OF THE ASSOCIATION OF PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES KRIŽEVCI
SUPERVISORY BOARD OF THE ASSOCIATION OF PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES KRIŽEVCI
ČANAKI OF THE JADRANKA
THE COURT OF HONOR ASSOCIATION OF PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES KRIŽEVCI
EMPLOYEES OF THE ASSOCIATION OF PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES KRIŽEVCI
MOB. 091 271 5771
SIMUNEC KSENIJA KATARINA
MOB. 099 271 5774
MOB. 099 271 5775
SEKELJ HASANEC IVANA